Subterrestrial

>> Thursday, April 7, 2011

I have been creating experimental music on and off since the early 1990s, most frequently as The Violet Grind and Imperial Floral Assault Unit. After a very long hiatus, I have begun working again as Subterrestrial. As a project, Subterrestrial focuses mostly on dark ambient and noise with the occasional foray into 8-bit and chiptune. Subterrestrial is mostly inspired by hollow earth and subterranean themes. I have two new releases that I'd like to submit to Terror Noise Audio:

H-21

Subterrestrial's "H-21" is inspired by early 20th century exotic dancer Mata Hari, who was executed for treason in France during World War I after being accused of spying for Germany. Subterrestrial uses harsh, 8-bit noise and heavily aliased exotic rhythms to explore her often violent life and tragic death. It is believed that she was wrongly accused of her crime and made a scapegoat. H-21 was her alleged codename.

Download.

Camera Obscura
"Camera Obscura" features 79 minutes of psychedelic noisescapes generated through data bending techniques and Michael Oster's soft bent Reaktor Ensembles.

Download.

Also, here is my website: http://subterrestrial.blogspot.com/  at this site you can download other Subterrestrial releases and find information about other releases not on my own netlabel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment